Terms & Conditions
Apple or Google are not involved in any way with this campaign or the competition elements within it.
11th November – 30th December 2020
1.The prize promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over except employees (and their immediate families including any live-in partner or household member) of One Stop Convenience Stores and the suppliers participating in this prize promotion, as well as their representatives or agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. How to participate: Entry and participation is free. To enter the competition (for the chance to win a cash prize or chocolate instant win prize), you have to visit a One Stop store and open the ‘Eddy’s Christmas Heroes’ app downloaded from the App Store and find one of our Elves in the game. Different Elves will reveal different prizes – a supplier elf will enter you into that week’s draw to win £1,000 (prize draws are done on a weekly basis for a period of 8 weeks). If a hero elf is found, you will win an instant prize of either a Malteser Reindeer or box of Celebrations. The game is live from the 11th November until the 30th December 2020, each entrant will have unlimited opportunities to find our One Stop Elves.
3. By entering the prize promotion, you hereby warrant that all the information submitted by you in your application is true.
4. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
5a. The prize:
o One Stop are giving away 12x £1,000 cash prizes donated by our suppliers (this is across an 8-week period, one of the week’s during this period will have 5x winners of £1,000)
o Main prize of £5,000 which will be drawn at the end of the game play period (if you have already entered the £1,000 cash prize draw for that week but find the supplier elf again, you will be entered into the main prize draw)
o As well as Malteser Reindeer Chocolates 90g and Celebrations 240g as instant win prizes. Please refer to our website for prize details.
5b. The prize structure:
o 1x FREE MALTESERS M/T REINDEER 29G (capped at 2,000 instant wins in store throughout campaign)
o 1x FREE CELEBRATIONS 240G (capped at 500 instant wins in store throughout campaign)
o £1,000 prize draw – Find Walkers elf (11th – 17th Nov)
o £1,000 prize draw – Find Eddy elf (Carling) (18th – 24th Nov)
o £1,000 prize draw – Find Andrex elf (25th Nov – 1st Dec)
o £1,000 prize draw – Find Eddy elf (Stella) (2nd – 8th Dec)
o £1,000 prize draw – Find Heroes elf (9th – 15th Dec)
o £1,000 prize draw – Find Pringles elf (16th – 22nd Dec)
o 5 x £1,000 prize draw (prize provider for additional £4,000 is Coca Cola) – Find Coke elf (16th – 22nd Dec) (5 winners win £1,000)
o £1,000 prize draw – Find Pepsi Max elf (23rd – 29th Dec)
o £5,000 prize draw – Main cash prize for one winner
6. For all entrants who are entered into a prize draw to win either £1,000 or £5,000, the winner is to be selected at random, he or she will be selected by a computer process that produces verifiably random results.
7. The instant win prizes (Malteser Reindeer Chocolate and Celebrations) are not transferable and cannot be substituted for a cash alternative.
8. If any winner is unable for whatever reason to accept the prize(s) then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize(s) to another participant selected in accordance with the promotion rules. Winners of the instant win chocolate prizes have until 30th December 2020 to claim their prize.
9. The starting date of the competition is 0900 on 11th November 2020. Closing Date for this prize promotion is 23.59 on 30th December 2020 and any entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted by the Promoter.
10a. The winners of the instant prizes will be notified through the Christmas game on the app. To redeem the instant win prize, winners must take their phone into a One Stop Store and show the barcode which will display when the chocolate prize is won and show this on the app at the till. If a prize is won the instant win barcode will be accessible through the prizes section of the app until 30th December when it will expire. Only one prize can be claimed per a win, One Stop store colleagues will be asked to observe for any users which may try to re-use the code for an instant win prize which has already been claimed. Winners may receive an in-app notification for any instant win prizes won if push notifications have been agreed to, but will not receive an in-app notification if they have won a weekly prize draw or the main cash prize.
10b. The cash prize winners will be contacted directly by One Stop via email and asked to provide their details (collecting GDPR compliant information) – winners will be contacted on the email address they have used to sign up to the app. One Stop will contact winners to confirm details of the prize within 7 days of them winning. If the winner does not respond and supply their postal address within 14 days of receiving notification, the entrant will no longer be applicable to claim the prize. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules. The winners of the cash prize will be chosen at random. By entering the cash prize draw and claiming a cash prize, you agree to be recognised as a winner (winner’s name and location of win) on One Stop’s social media channels. If a cash prize is won, the winner will be exempt from further cash prize draws.
11. Submission of entries and proof of sending will not constitute proof of receipt. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries that the Promoter does not receive. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or corruption of data in transit. No responsibility will be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Illegible, incomplete, late or defaced entries will be disqualified.
13. Please note that if you are a cash prize winner, we will need to be able to contact you via email to request your chosen contact number.
14. The winners’ name and county location can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the Promoter after the Closing Date. If you are a winner and don’t agree to this, or otherwise wish to limit the information that we make available, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. The winner agrees to participate in any publicity or other such promotional activities which the Promoter may reasonably require in connection with the prize promotion and the Promoter shall have the right to use each winner’s name, likeness, image, voice and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the prize promotion in all media without further notice and without the need to make any payment to any winner for such use.
16. The decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the prize promotion.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any applicant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the applicant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this prize promotion at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted within the rules on the One Stop website.
19. These Terms and Conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
20. One Stop Stores Ltd promotes responsible drinking www.drinkaware.co.uk We operate a THINK 25 policy for the sale of alcohol so do not be offended if you are asked to provide ID
21. Promoter and Data Controller: One Stop, Apex Road, Brownhills, Walsall, West Midlands, WS8 7HU. Company Reg: 02462858
22. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook/or Twitter/or Google/or Apple. You are providing your information to the Promoter, not Facebook/or Twitter/or Google/or Apple. The information you provide will only be used for the purpose of facilitating the Promotion unless you have agreed to its use for any other purpose. By entering the Promotion, all Participants agree to give Facebook/or Twitter/or Google/or Apple a complete release from any and all legal liability in connection with the Promotion.