No fancy ingredients or complicated steps – just good old cheesy goodness toasted to perfection. It’s the kind of meal that can be eaten at anytime of the day.
4 slices of One Stop Thick white toastie / One Stop Medium wholemeal toastie
200g of One Stop Mature chedder cheese
One Stop Unsalted butter for spreading
- Preheat your Pan or Sandwich Press
- If using a pan, set it over medium heat. If you have a sandwich press, turn it on. Spread a thin layer of butter on one side of each slice of bread. This step adds extra flavor and helps achieve that golden crunch.
- Place a generous amount of grated cheese on the non-buttered side of two bread slices.
- Top the cheese-covered slices with the remaining two slices, buttered side facing out.
- If using a pan, place the sandwiches on the heated surface. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until the bread is golden brown, and the cheese is melted. If using a sandwich press, close the lid and cook until the cheese is gooey and the bread is toasted (usually 3-5 minutes).
- Once your cheese toasties are golden and the cheese is gloriously melted, remove them from the heat.
- Carefully slice your toasties in half diagonally for that classic look. Enjoy the gooey, cheesy goodness!
This easy Cheese Toastie recipe is a quick fix for those cheesy cravings. It’s simple, satisfying, and perfect for any time you need a comforting snack. Happy toasting!