Do you consent to receiving cookies? We use these to aid improving and maintaining our website.
American Style Beef Burgers
Get a taste of America with this classic beef burger recipe. This super easy homemade recipe gives you delicious patties that are perfect for topping with cheese, crispy bacon, lettuce and tomato.
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 x 500g pack Beef Steak Mince
1 tsp mixed dried herbs
1 egg, beaten
4 slices mature Cheddar
4 white rolls
few round lettuce leaves, torn
1 tomato, sliced
ketchup, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with foil. Lay bacon in a single layer onto baking sheet or cooling rack, making sure not to overlap. Bake until your desired crispness, around 15 to 25 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened and starting to turn golden. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the beef mince with the herbs and the egg. Season, add the onions and mix well. Using your hands, shape into 4 patties.
- Cook the burgers on a preheated barbecue or griddle for 5-6 minutes on each side. While the second side is cooking, lay a slice of cheese on top to melt slightly.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the cut-sides of the buns on the barbecue. Fill with the lettuce, burgers, bacon and tomato slices. Serve with ketchup.