Chicken Gyros Wrap
Give this Greek inspired recipe a go. Tender strips of marinated chicken, infused with aromatic herbs and spices are grilled to perfection. Wrapped in warm, soft pita bread and topped with crisp vegetables, tangy tzatziki sauce, and a sprinkle of zesty lemon juice
1kg pack One Stop skinless and boneless chicken thigh fillets
2 tbsp One Stop olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
120g low-fat Greek-style yogurt
4 One Stop garlic cloves, crushed
2 One Stop lemons, zested and juiced
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp dried oregano
- Place chicken thighs between 2 sheets of baking paper and flatten to 1cm thickness using a rolling pin.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (except half of the lemon juice) to make a marinade. Season with salt and pepper. Coat the chicken in the marinade, cover, and
- refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Thread the marinated chicken onto metal or pre-soaked wooden skewers. If using the oven, preheat to 200°C (gas mark 6, fan 180°C). Place the skewers on a foil-lined baking tray and
- roast for 50 minutes to 1 hour, turning halfway through, until the chicken is cooked and golden. Alternatively, cook on a medium heat barbecue, turning regularly, for the same amount of time.
- Remove the chicken from the skewers and slice. Drizzle with the reserved lemon juice before serving. Serve with a handful of fresh salad on a flatbread wrap.