Chinese Crispy Chilli Beef
Get your chopsticks ready and rustle up this speedy stir-fry. Loaded with crispy beef, it’s perfect for a quick midweek meal and super tasty!
100ml vegetable oil
2 tbsp cornflour
11/2 tsp Chinese five spice
340g pack beef rump steaks, cut into 1/4cm thick strips
1½ tbsp soy sauce
2 limes, juiced
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1 red chilli, halved, seeded and sliced
20g ginger, peeled and finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
1 yellow pepper, finely sliced
206g pack curly kale
- Cook the rice following the pack instructions, then set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok until almost smoking. Meanwhile, combine the cornflour, Chinese five spice and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Toss the strips of beef in the cornflour mixture to coat.
- In a bowl, mix the soy, lime juice and chilli sauce, then set aside.
- Cook the beef in the wok in two batches, each for 2-3 mins, until golden and crispy. Transfer to kitchen paper to drain and discard the oil. Once finished, discard any vegetable oil left in the wok.
- Heat the sesame oil in the wok over a medium-high heat, then add the chilli, ginger and garlic. Cook for 30 secs, then add the pepper and cook for 2 mins, stirring often. Add the kale and cook for a further 2-3 mins, stirring often, until it has wilted.
- Return the beef and the soy mixture to the wok. Cook for 2-3 mins, then serve with the rice.