Monster Cookie Dessert
Try this Monster like cookie dessert with homemade cookies and fresh mascarpone cheese.
For the cookies
120g One Stop plain flour
30g cocoa powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
125g One Stop salted butter
200g plain chocolate
2 One Stop eggs
160g One Stop golden caster sugar
90g soft brown sugar
For the toppings
200g Mascarpone cheese
A few drops of orange food colouring
50g Mini marshmallows
15g chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking trays with baking paper. Mix together the flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
2. Melt the butter in a small pan over a low heat. Once fully melted, stir in the chopped chocolate until smooth. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few mins.
3. Meanwhile, put the eggs, caster sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl and whisk with an electric hand whisk for 5-6 mins until mousse like.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat briefly to combine. Add the chocolate mixture and beat again until smooth.
5. Scoop tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking trays, leaving plenty of room between the cookies to allow for spreading. You should get about 18-20 cookies in total.
6. Bake for 10-12 mins until risen. Leave to cool on the trays.
7. To make the cream mix together the cream and food colouring until it forms a bright orange colour.
8. To assemble add a spoonful of mascarpone into a small bowl, crumble 1-2 cookies into the bowl. Cover with another spoonful of mascarpone. To finish off top with 2 marshmallows and chocolate chips to form the eyes. Serve cold and enjoy!