Potato and Leek Soup
Potato and leek soup is a creamy soup made with potatoes, leeks, broth, and seasonings. A satisfying flavourful dish that’s perfect for a cold day.
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium leek, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound potatoes, peeled and diced
1lt chicken stock
Salt and pepper, to taste
125ml heavy cream
1. Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the leek and garlic and cook until the leek is soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the potatoes and chicken stock to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
3. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it is smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender and blend it in batches until smooth.
4. Return the soup to the pan and add salt and pepper to taste. If you would like a creamy soup, stir in the heavy cream.
5. Serve hot, finished with additional sliced leeks if desired.