Sizzling Steaks for Two
These sizzling lamb steaks are sure to add a bit of spice to your Valentine’s Day.
2tsp ground cumin
2tsp hot chilli sauce
2 beef rump steaks
2 oranges, segmented
2 roasted red peppers, cut into chunks
75g (3oz) olives
2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle the cumin and chilli sauce on both sides of the steaks and marinate.
- Preheat the grill then fry the steaks for 2 minutes on each side or until well browned on the outside but pink and juicy in the middle.
- Meanwhile, make the salad. Using a peeler, cut the carrots and cucumber into long thin strips. Using a sharp knife, cut the top and bottom off each orange, cut away all the peel and pith, then cut out each segment of orange (hold the fruit over a bowl as you do this to catch the juice; use it in the dressing).
- Mix the carrots, cucumber, oranges and roasted pepper and olives in a salad bowl and drizzle with the orange juice and balsamic vinegar.
- Allow the meat to rest for 3-4 minutes, then slice and arrange on top of the salad. Serve immediately.