Sweet Toffee apples
Try these delicious sweet toffee apples this winter season!
6 red apples
300g golden caster sugar
3 tbsp of golden syrup
Sprinkles, for topping
1. Put 6 red apples in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave them to sit for 1 minute and then drain and dry with kitchen roll.
2. Carefully push a wooden skewer into the top of each of the apples and through the core. Place the apples on a baking sheet.
3. Add 300g of golden caster sugar to a saucepan with 3 tbsp of golden syrup and 5 tbsp of water. Heat the mixture on a low heat until the sugar dissolves. Turn up the heat and boil the sugar syrup. Make sure not to stir the caramel at any point.
4. Now dip the apples into the caramel by tilting the pan. Be careful not to touch the caramel as it will be extremely hot Repeat quickly with the other apples.
5. Decorate the apples with whatever toppings you wish, we like sprinkles.