Blueberry Bread and Butter Pudding
Try this interesting spin on a classic Bread and Butter Pudding. Absolutely delicious, bursting with juicy blueberries.
- 1 tsp vegetable oil, for greasing
- 10 slices small white bread
- 150g blueberry conserve, or other berry jam
- 150g blueberries
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 4 eggs
- 560ml milk
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cream or ice cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to gas 5, 190°C, fan 170°C. Grease a 1ltr ovenproof dish.
- Spread each slice of bread with the jam, then cut each slice in half to make triangles. Arrange the bread triangles in the baking dish, in 2 lines, jam side down, scattering with the blueberries and lemon zest as you go.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, honey, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour half of this custard mixture over the bread and allow it to soak in for 10-15 mins. Pour over the remaining custard just before baking.
- Bake for 25-30 mins, or until golden brown and puffed up. Serve with cream or ice cream, if you like.