Do you consent to receiving cookies? We use these to aid improving and maintaining our website.
Chilli Con Carne
This easy Chilli Con Carne recipe is a classic sharing dish for a casual night with friends and family.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 One Stop Red Onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 tbsp hot chilli powder
150g of One Stop Lean Beef Steak Mince
1 can of One Stop Chopped Tomatoes
4 tbsp tomato ketchup
4 tbsp tomato puree
1 can of One Stop Kidney Beans, drained & rinsed
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion & green pepper and cook for 5 minutes, then stir in the garlic and chilli powder and sauté for a further 1 minute.
- Crumble in the meat and brown well. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, tomato ketchup, tomato puree and all but 1/4 of the kidney beans.
- Mash the remaining kidney beans and stir into the meat mixture, then simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with soured cream and serve with rice.