Do you consent to receiving cookies? We use these to aid improving and maintaining our website.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
These classic chewy chocolate chip ookies are perfect for a picnic or for an after-school treat.
- 125g icing sugar
- 125g good quality cocoa powder
- 225g plain flour
- 175g unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 75g dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium egg
- 150g bar of dark chocolate, for garnishing
- Combine together the icing sugar, cocoa, flour and salt in a large mixing bowl until well blended. Rub the butter into this mixture until there are no longer any lumps. Add the egg, chocolate chips and vanilla extract and mix until a stiff dough forms. Gather up and roll into a sausage shape with a diameter of 5cm.
- Wrap in nonstick baking paper and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Grease and line baking trays with nonstick baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Use a sharp knife to cut 1cm thick cookies out of the cookie dough. Arrange spaced out on the lined baking trays and bake for 8-10 minutes until just set. Remove and allow to cool for 5-10 minuets on the trays before removing carefully to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Stack and arrange on top of the bar of chocolate when ready to serve.