Christmas Pudding Crumble
Not sure what to do with your leftover Christmas pudding? Put it to good use with this comforting festive crumble – a perfect easy pud to enjoy over the holidays. Filled with apples, pears and juicy blackberries, Christmas pudding is stirred through the crumble topping for an extra fruity twist.
- 30g British unsalted butter
- 30g light brown soft sugar
- 1 Bramley apple, peeled, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 150g blackberries
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
For the topping
- 120g plain flour
- 30g caster sugar
- 30g demerara sugar
- 60g British unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 25g blanched hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 75g leftover cooked Christmas pudding, crumbled into small pieces
- cream, vanilla ice cream or custard to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to gas 5, 190°C, fan 170°C. Put the butter and sugar in a medium pan and heat gently until melted and combined. Add the apple and cook for 3 mins, stirring to coat in the butter. Add the pears, blackberries and cinnamon and cook for another 1 min. Tip into a large ovenproof dish.
- For the crumble topping, put the flour, caster sugar, demerara sugar and cubed butter into a large bowl. Rub together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir through the hazelnuts and crumbled Christmas pudding.
- Scatter the crumble mixture over the top of the prepared fruit. Bake for 25 mins or until the topping is golden and the fruit is bubbling around the edges. Serve hot with cream, custard or vanilla ice cream, if you like.