Do you consent to receiving cookies? We use these to aid improving and maintaining our website.
Easter Carrot Cupcakes
These carrot cake cupcakes are the perfect Easter bake! Sticky and gooey, combined with a heavenly cream cheese icing – share with friends and family, or simply eat them all yourself.
For the cupcakes
3 medium carrots, peeled and grated
100g soft light brown sugar
80g unsalted butter, softened
80g Golden syrup
2 medium eggs
150g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
For the icing
50g unsalted butter, softened
110g low-fat cream cheese
225g icing sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
Sprinkle with crushed walnuts for decoration
20 mins to prepare and 50 mins to cook
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a 12-tin cupcake tray with 8-10 cupcake cases.
- Combine the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a large saucepan and melt together over a medium heat, stirring to combine. Remove from the heat, then stir in the self-raising flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, ground cinnamon, grated carrot and eggs. Mix well until you have a smooth batter.
- Spoon the mix into the cupcake cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until risen (make sure you insert a cake tester and it comes out clean from the centre when inserted). Remove when ready and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Prepare the icing by combining the butter, cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract together in a large mixing bowl. Beat using an electric whisk until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag. Once the cupcakes are cool, pipe the icing on top in a swirl. Sprinkle with crushed walnuts for decoration if you wish.