Gooey Chocolate Brownies
Nothing says ‘I love you’ more than chocolate brownies with a soft gooey centre topped with melting vanilla ice cream. Super easy to make and no mess to clear up, just pop them in the microwave and voilà!
- 150g slightly salted butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 65g cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 50g plain flour
- 75g milk or dark chocolate chips
- Dice the butter and put in a 22cm microwavable dish; a square silicon or Pyrex works well.
- Cook on full power for 30-45 seconds, stirring half way, until melted.
- Remove and tip into a mixing bowl, use a pastry brush or piece of kitchen paper to grease the dish that the butter was in, you’ll use this for the brownies.
- Add the sugar, vanilla and cocoa to the melted butter and whisk until combined. Add the eggs, one by one, beating after each addition then fold in the flour and the chocolate chips. Pour into the greased dish, using a spatula to get all the mixture out, and then cook on full power for 4-5 minutes, depending on the strength of your microwave.
- Stand for at least 15 minutes before cutting as the brownies will firm up as they cool. For firmer brownies leave until the next day to cut. Cut into 12 squares.