Homemade Chicken Kievs
Try this super speedy and delicious homemade Chicken Kiev recipe. Only 5 mins to prepare and 30 mins to cook, the perfect midweek meal!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 25g butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
To go alongside
- salad of your choice, to serve
- 1kg small, waxy potatoes, to serve
- vegetables of your choice, to serve
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200ºC, fan 180ºC.
- Rub a little oil over each chicken breast and season. Spread the breadcrumbs on a plate and press each chicken breast into them until covered all over. Place the crumbed chicken on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, use a fork to mash together the butter, crushed garlic and parsley. Place on a piece of clingfilm and roll up to form a log. Put in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to firm up.
- Cut the garlicky butter into 4 slices and place one on top of each chicken breast. Return the chicken to the oven until the butter starts to melt and the chicken is cooked through, with no pink showing (about 3-5 minutes).
- Serve with salad or boiled new potatoes and vegetables of your choice.