Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
We can think of few things better than warm freshly baked cookies, give this irresistible chocolate chip cookies recipe a go!
-125g icing sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 175g unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 75g dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium egg
- 150g bar of dark chocolate, for garnishing
1. Combine together the icing sugar, flour and salt in a large mixing bowl until well blended. Rub the butter into this mixture until there are no longer any lumps. Add the egg, chocolate chips and vanilla extract and mix until a stiff dough forms. Gather up and roll into a sausage shape with a diameter of 5cm.
2. Wrap in nonstick baking paper and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Grease and line baking trays with nonstick baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
3. Use a sharp knife to cut 1cm thick cookies out of the cookie dough. Arrange spaced out on the lined baking trays and bake for 8-10 minutes until just set. Remove and allow to cool for 5-10 minuets on the trays before removing carefully to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Stack and arrange on top of the bar of chocolate when ready to serve.