Sausage Bean Casserole
Looking for a hearty and delicious recipe that won’t break the bank? This easy Sausage Bean Casserole is definitely one to try.
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 8 pork sausages
- 1 large red onion, ¾ sliced, ¼ finely diced
- 200g tinned sweetcorn
- 2 x 400g tins mixed bean salad, drained
- 400g tin Italian chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 10g fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Put the oil in a roasting tin and heat in the oven for 10 mins. Add the sausages and sliced onion, toss to coat in the hot oil and roast for 10 mins..
- Remove the sausages from the oven and stir in the beans, sweetcorn, tomatoes and barbecue sauce; season. Bake for 15 mins until the sauce is bubbling and the sausages are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. In a small bowl, mix the corn, diced red onion and parsley. Serve scattered over the sausages and beans.