Do you consent to receiving cookies? We use these to aid improving and maintaining our website.
This Spanish omelette recipe is great for cutting into wedges for summer picnics or enjoying as leisurely weekend brunch. Loaded with potatoes and onions, ready in just 30 minutes and totally vegetarian, what’s not to love?
- 500g medium potatoes, peeled
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the potatoes into thick slices, about the size of a one pound coin. Cook in a pan of boiling salted water for 3 mins or until just tender. Drain and set aside. Whilst the potatoes cook, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and saute over a gentle heat for 8 mins, stirring until they are soft. Add the potatoes and saute the potatoes and onions for a further 5 mins or until both are golden.
- Beat the eggs with plenty of salt and pepper. Stir the paprika and chilli into the onions and potatoes and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in the eggs and shake the pan to level the surface.
- Cover with a baking tray and cook over a medium heat for about 8 mins or until the underside is golden brown. Now pop the pan under a hot grill and continue to cook, uncovered for about 4 minutes, until the top is golden and all the egg has set. Leave to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a plate or board. Serve in small wedges either hot, warm or cold.