Spinach and Feta Lasagne
Try something new with this Vegetarian Lasagne.
500g lasagne sheets
3 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
400g feta cheese
400 g butter
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Pre- Heat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C.
- Place the spinach in a large pot of water and allow to wilt on a medium heat. Drain, wring out and then chop.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion. Add the spinach and fry for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper and set aside.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a small pot and stir in the flour. Gradually add the milk stirring continuously to remove any lumps and bring to the boil on a medium heat. Allow to cook for one minute and then remove from the heat. Season with salt, ground black pepper and nutmeg.
- Grease a baking dish with butter. Place the lasagne sheets on the bottom and cover with some of the spinach mixture, some cheese and some sauce. Place another layer of lasagne sheets on top and continue to layer the ingredients like this until everything has been used up. Finish with sauce and cheese and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately.