Sticky Toffee Pudding
Try this classic sticky toffee pudding recipe that’ll be sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
175g pitted medjool dates, roughly chopped
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
175g lightly salted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
150g dark muscovado sugar
50g soft light brown sugar
175g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
150ml double cream
75g lightly salted butter
- Pour 150ml boiling water over the dates, tea bag and bicarbonate of soda and leave to soak for 10 minutes. Remove the teabag and discard. Add the vanilla extract and mash the mixture with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C. Butter and lightly flour 6 x 200ml pudding ramekins to make individual puddings then line the bases with circles of nonstick baking paper.
- Beat the butter with the muscovado sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, followed by the milk and then the date mix, beating well each time (the mixture may split, but will come together when you add the flour).
- Sieve in the flour and fold. Pour into the tin and smooth the top. Bake for 25 minutes , until golden and risen.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Gently heat the cream, sugar and butter in a pan set over a low heat, stirring often until smooth.
- Serve warm, with the sauce drizzled over the top.