Tuna Pasta Bake
Give this tuna pasta bake recipe a go. A perfect mid-week dinner to cook for the family.
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Salt and pepper, to taste
200g grated cheese
2 cans tuna, drained
200g frozen peas
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the milk and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, sauce, cheese, tuna,sweetcorn and peas. Stir until the pasta is evenly coated.
4. Transfer the pasta mixture to a baking dish. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top of the pasta.
5. Bake the pasta for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the pasta is heated through.